Thu. May 23rd, 2019

No.1 Insane News Portal

Parallel News Opinion For You

ISIS claims responsibility for the Sri Lankan bombings on Easter Sunday

2 min read

The Islamic State (ISIS) have claimed responsibility for the gruesome Sri Lanka bombings that killed over 300 people on Easter Sunday and injured more than 500. The Sri Lankan Government first suspected the local National Thowheeth Jama’ath (NTJ) to be behind the barbaric bombings.

A statement on the group’s official al-Amaq news agency made the claim on the encrypted messaging app Telegram saying the suicide bombers were “fighters of the Islamic State”. The group did not provide any evidence to back their claim.




The statement came after an unconfirmed video posted on social media earlier by an affiliated group suggested that the ISIS was behind the Easter horror. The video carried the photographs of three of the alleged suicide bombers.

US intelligence sources had earlier said the attacks bore some of the hallmarks of the ISIS. International experts had said, even if a Sri Lankan group had carried out the attacks, it was likely that the ISIS were involved given the level of sophistication of the apparently coordinated bombings.

Since the Sunday bombings Sri Lankan authorities had arrested over 40 suspects.

Powerful blasts struck at eight locations, and the worst damage reported was at the St. Anthony’s Church and  St. Sebastian’s. The explosions killed over 320 people, including 45 children. Soon after the attack the government imposed curfew and temporarily banned social media. A day after the blasts, on Monday the government declared an emergency, giving more powers to authorities to detain and interrogate suspects without court orders.


 Source : Various


If you like what we do please share, and if possible please contribute to our work on Instamojo @thepigeonexpress.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *